Monday, February 18, 2013

Phoenix, or vulture?

 Among the small amount of research I made after painting this piece, I found the symbolism of the Phoenix and Vulture to be quite similar. Both have to do with death, rising from ashes and rebirth. I don't know why this painting came to me tonight, but I will try to translate. 

 Inwardly, these symbols relate to the search for a job. I have been many things and performed many occupations in my short life only to begin again. This is what is happening for me lately as I try to move away from the teaching profession. I love teaching, but I would like to get to know my sweetie and reduce my workload a bit in order to create artwork. 

With my family, death has been all too present recently and over the years. I cannot imagine what my great-aunt is going through, but I will be writing to her much more now and hoping to be a place where she can turn in her grief and discomfort. I hope to help.

With friends, one is recuperating from illness and another is trying to begin a business after being in corporate world-business for a long time. Both will rise from the ashes and fill the world with their beauties sooner than later. 


I love the messages I get and hope there may be some more. 

Feel free to leave comments about which you feel serves the drawing. 

Phoenix, or Vulture?

Materials:
Canson 120Lb Watercolor Paper
Faber Castell Watercolor Cakes

 

No comments: