Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sleep

Ever fall asleep on the couch watching TV?

I haven't done that in a long time, but I did tonight. It's so much cooler lately and the fresh air just got me tonight. I just wanted a couple of winks....

Art for today was created earlier in the day and was just waiting to be posted. I had to wait for the splattered one to dry, but the ballerina princess was finished in the morning.

The splattered piece started out a painting from a cereal box where I gessoed the shiny layer and then painted on a few layers of acrylic using a floppy magnet. Finally, I put a little bit of water in my paint holder, mixed, and flung. It sort of looks like a little galaxy to me.

The ballerina princess is nobody I know. She showed up on paper only. I used Faber Castell Gelatos for the background, Pitt pen for outlines, and prang watercolor for color details. She is just a little face. Her frame measures about three by four inches.

Ok- time for real sleeps.
Have a great day!

No comments: