Saturday, October 12, 2013

Art Lessons

In our neighborhood, my dogs have friends. More importantly, their girlfriend, Roxy, has people, too. As much as my dogs like to see their girlfriend, I like to see the smiles on the faces of the kids every day.

These kids are some of the most polite ones I've ever met and they make a difference in my day everytime I see them.

Recently, I was invited to attend the younger girl, Ashley's, birthday party. I had to think of a gift to give her- the one that doesn't cost much because I'm not working. But I do have a lot of time, so that is what I gave to her.

I made a journal and, on the inside, it said she can have art lessons with me. I even made a little punch card for her to bring along for the three lessons. It was a simple gift, but I knew she and her family would appreciate the type of gift I gave her.

Ashley and Judy came over today and we did some watercolor painting. We focused on warm and cool colors and helped Ashley make a little chart for her book.

She and her sister are made of smiles. I didn't have a book ready for Judy, I know that I would make one for Judy for next time. To that, Ashley said, "yes- it makes your heart feel special!"

And that, my friends, is the gift that I got today.

She kept my painting and I have hers, so what you see is the picture of us working at the table. Friday will be a new project, and I can't wait to see them tomorrow with their smiles and squeals of delight in seeing the pooches.

How thankful I am!

No comments: