Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Power Outage

Lots of things are being fixed around our town and our neighborhood pays the price by living without power a few hours here and there. You know, they say "you don't know what you got till it's gone," and a power outage is the perfect example.

This time, I actually prepared by getting up in time to make coffee, swirl up a smoothie, and watch an episode of 90210...well, I could have done without the last one, but there it is.

I forgot about the last one and out was the end of a string of very hot days. All of our fans were going and the TV was blaring above them, so just imagine the silence when "poof"- no power.

The silence hurt.

I picked up my phone and searched power outages in the area, knowing I'd just forgotten to plan, but I wanted the timeframe. Unlike the unpredictable stormy nights in the Midwest, I CAN actually plan for these things now. But that day was an exception.

My mind then turned to the obvious- go somewhere else!. Ah, yes. That would take an electric charge on the car whose battery drains on the regular. I know- ask somebody for a jump! Boy- the neighbors planned for it. They HAD gone elsewhere because of the outage.

Well- I wanted today to be good. The second I found out about it, THIS TIME, I got ready. I made sure my phone was charged and that I would not have to open the fridge often. I drank coffee, walked the pooches, and read a book. Oh- and I applied for another job using my phone.

It was a very good day to make art and enjoy the silence, for a change.

Painting:
Prang Watercolor
Pilot Razor fine purple pen
Self-made stencil

Daisy Yellow
Daily Paper Prompt #50
Negative Space

No comments: