Thursday, December 12, 2013

MJO

For many years, I played saxophone in a jazz big band for New Year's Eve in Hudson, Wisconsin at the Phipps Center with Coleen Raye and her amazingly talented family. The Minnesota Jazz Orchestra became my family for the "New Year" many times over. Our bandleader and manager, Craig and Cara Thrane, made sure all of the band-related business ran smoothly and always had smiles to share.
 
I will never forget the dress rehearsals and time spent working so hard on an impeccable event.
Also, Colleen and her family made us feel at home with holiday goodies in the green room and an after party at Aunty Deb's house to end all after parties before them. The performances were magical to me and I got to spend the evening with 18 of my closest friends.
 
Memories are made of this.
 
I miss the friendship and music the most.

No comments: