Sunday, January 5, 2014

Magenta

I have a new favorite color.

For a long time, if you asked me, I would have said my favorite color is blue. I still love a good blue-sky day and melt over certain blue eyes. But something has changed within me and there is a new color I crave.

But, before I let on, it's important to note a certain show on PBS,with the artist Jenkins, called, "The Beauty of Oil Painting. Today, he was explaining how his trademark happens to be daisies and how, it you want them to blend into the background, you add a little blue paint to the white flowers. The more blue, the more background they become.

Back to me.

I don't want to be blue anymore.

I want magenta, fuchsia, and hot pink. It shows growth.

I want to bloom and grow and become part of the foreground. I am not Ok with the "background only" that I have become. 

Here's To Magenta!


No comments: