Tuesday, September 17, 2013

More Fun-velopes!

The prompts at Daisy Yellow never cease to inspire me. #44 is about using leaves in the process. Today was about making more fun-velopes, but with the added bonus of printing leaves upon them with acrylic paint and a dry brayer.

Awesome sauce!

To prepare, I used some plastic wrap on the table to guard against smoodges of paint and a big yogurt lid to hold and mix my paint. I dug out a brayer after trying to (unsuccessfully) print the leaves with only my hands.

What a difference a "bray" makes!

I love seeing the leaf prints on unlikely colors of paper! I cannot wait to show these off with friends tomorrow as we learn about the envelope puncher! There is just something to be said for good old-fashioned community!

On another note, the painting is another option for my card "collection". I cannot wait to get some prints made of these cards.

Thanks for stopping by!
Kim Caine

1 comment:

Sue M said...

Great idea - especially using a beater!