Friday, September 20, 2013

Puzzled, For Sure

The past year has gone and given me the freedom to create art. I have been through some interesting phases, but it is clear the time has come to move on from the "stay-at-home" state I have been living in with my sweetie.

I know. It is only September- but I moved here at this time last year and consider myself on the "school year" schedule.

I needed this time. No, REALLY needed this time to adjust. I have had so many transitions in the past twenty years, I needed my compass reset. I'm learning how to take better care for myself and forgiving me is a big part of that.

Where I end up a year from now? Hmm. Puzzling, but I know I will be here, with my sweetie and doggies, living a fuller life because I have learned to do so.

I'm thankful for every place I've been on the way and look forward to the mysteries and grace to come.

The painting is based on the Daisy yellow prompt, "puzzled" and is really my interpretation. Notice how nothing is written on the spinner? It's like there are no expectations, but clearly direction plays a part. I used Pitt pen and prang watercolors along with a sagebrush to complete the design.

Join me.
Take a spin!

No comments: