Sunday, September 1, 2013

Glorious

Today was so filled with awesome it oozed greatness. The day started with me sleeping through my alarm-
wait, you saw awesome, right? It gets better.

We made our way to the Orange County fairgrounds for the Labor Day Cruise for a Cure. Thankfully, we got there just before the gates closed us out at 8:30.

I tagged along with my sweetie because he was there to judge model cars. I love walking the grounds and seeing all of the amazing cars (real ones). In fact, there's always something for me to do. I got around and took some pictures and I'm posting some of the good ones.

I brought art materials to create and got to work on a green-colored index card. I started the circle print/swirly words.I didn't use a template, I just lead the words in a circle.

Next, the reason I slept through my alarm was because I was too excited to see my cousin and his wife in Orange. They were there for a reunion on her side of the family and they also attend the "Orange International Street Fair". A family member owns a house in the area, so we were able to meet them there.

It was fun to be able to talk to them and just relax for the afternoon.

We saw an amazing butterfly, the flock of wild parrots, little fun collections around the yard, and the nacho-cheese machine. The afternoon heat dropped just a little and chatting only made the day feel better.

Finally, we walked to the festival and decided to go home soon thereafter. We'd had a long fulfilling day and the pooches needed a break from the heat at home.

What a day!

I finished it up with a dip in the pool (it's been shocked, cleaned and glorious!) And, I feel so great.

And totally blessed.

I am so thankful!

Have a great holiday :)

No comments: