Thursday, September 5, 2013

Traveling Tomorrow

The walk for Ovarian Kancer is Saturday, in Edina, Minnesota. Tomorrow, I hop on a plane and get there late. My sweetie is staying behind to work and take care of the pooches.

Team Carrie is now 90 people strong and Carrie will be on the local news because of it. I will be sure to post a link to the coverage after it airs. I am thankful to be a part of this weekend for such a great cause, and to spend time with family.

The writing on the blog might be sparse in the next fee days, but I will continue to post my art. I made a fun little journal for this trip and can't wait to put it to some good use. Just hope I don't find another journal to buy....

On another note, Julianna looks more like herself today. I tried the 'oval' technique and it was amazing how much quicker the sketch went! It was also a lot easier too 'see' better proportions than I had before.

On yet another note, I started holiday cards today. The idea came from a friend and is separate from the FB challenge I put out yesterday. I liked thinking of snow and my favorite carol, "the Christmas Song" with Nat King Cole. There is just something about the jazzy vintage feel of that tune I absolutely love. 

Have a great day!

No comments: