Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Garden Doodle


Day 2 of the Khemo went well for Carrie. She is kicking butt and taking names! It seemed like she sailed through in the treatment center, eating normally, drinking her water, and cracking a few jokes with us. Monday was much worse and the unknown ruled. Today found her at ease and peaceful with the situation.

I am so thankful for all of the prayers, positive vibes and overall concern expressed for Carrie. She's a true champ and I don't think for a second your help has helped. I am most impressed with the kindness of strangers.

In participation with Summer of Color 2013 and ICAD with Daisy Yellow, I have been blessed by so many people who have responded to the Team Carrie post from Monday. I appreciate your time and love sent via the interwebs and let her know the support system has grown beyond our mass of family and friends.

Thank you so much for everything. I am so grateful!

Here is a post for SOC 2013. I am staying away from home, so my photos will just have to be a little less accurate until I get to a place that has better lighting. I love the comfy living space at my sister's place, but I sure appreciate the lighting in my usual space at home. This post also qualifies for the Sketchbook Challenge theme of "Garden Doodle" for the month of June. It's really fun to make the posts overlap and it inspires me even more when I can be artistically efficient in this way.

Further below is the post for Index Card a Day through the Daisy Yellow Website. This card covers one of the prompts for "Sun" this week. I used a watercolor base, Pitt pen and Sakura white gelly pen for the writing. It represents the fact it has been cloudy here, and the fact her day went so much better than expected made me think of the quote on the card. Yes, the sun shows its face in other ways.

Thank you for stopping to read. I appreciate your comments and pass them all along :)


Summer of Color, 2013 and week 1 colors; citron and turquoise. These colors are also for my sister who is fighting ovarian kancer. The teal represents the team colors we are wearing, or sporting, in some form or another.       







ICAD 2013, Sun Prompt

No comments: