Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Color

At least color was happy today!
Allergies have made a visit to my days in MN. No biggie, just trying to remember what works because it's been awhile and I am happy to have forgotten this feeling of days-long headaches and stuffy head. Still, it's really a small issue. Bigger things are on my mind today. 

While I worked on the ICAD today, a good friend of my sister's was here, "working from home" and offering a few laughs, smiles and happy color. This friend says she cannot draw, or sing, but she was here with her laughter and time. Isn't it great to have these people in our lives? The ones who make us, and others, smile just by being around.  And I don't believe she cannot draw or sing. Everybody can do that with a little encouragement.

We had a couple of relatives visit tonight and it was nice enough to eat dinner outside. More laughs and just a joy to have family around. My aunt asked, "Do you ever think about us, you know, when you're out there in California?" Ha! I think of my family more than any of them know. I miss being close to them and a visit with the drop of a hat, but I know I'm only a flight away. And so are they... (smile). I must admit, I've felt a little "stranded" out west, but we all make our own choices and that is where my sweetie lives and now, so do I. 

The painting was made while I created the Index Cards for the challenge. I liked the colors left on the page while I created the background color with Prang Watercolor. I used Stabilo mini 0,4 fine point markers for the lettering and decoration and then followed with a watercolor pen/brush. It's fun to see marker act like watercolor, yet keep it within the bounds.

Fun color today! Have a great one :)
 



This is just a funny comment related to how I feel this week. I've been trying hard to lose weight, but gave myself a little pass for this week. I have to be careful not to be so hard on myself. No appetite is weird. Been trying to eat good stuff, but other goodies are creeping back in. It will be good to get back into a routine when I get home.

No comments: