Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Childhood and watercolor crayons

Believe it or not, I can remember using watercolor crayons in pre-school. As a kid, it's hard to convey exactly what you want, so maybe the Crayola Art Kit was the answer my parents found for me.

Don't get me wrong, the Crayola kit was beyond my wildest dreams! It had Crayola crayons, watercolors, tempera paints, brushes, scissors, and a long and thin booklet filled with drawing tutorials. The kit came in a case that snapped together.

But no matter what I created, the sense of the watercolor crayons never left me. It was so cool to draw on a wet piece of paper and just let the watercolor crayon "melt" into the water. I was so young, all that mattered was exactly the "meltiness" of the colors.

Here I am today, after purchasing the watercolors crayons and getting them home, I just had to try them out. I used the blue, because that is the color that stood out best from my memories.

This is just color fun :) I'll maybe try cheap paper sometime and see if I can re-enact some more color fun. Tonight, I used the Strathmore Windpower 140lb, and with a lesser type of paper,  maybe some cooler ideas will appear.

On another subject, this is my Index Card A Day entry. She's #5!
Here goes!

No comments: