Saturday, June 1, 2013

June and July challenge

This is a new challenge from Daisy Yellow, which entails a simple index card a day for the next 61 days. I'm still creating for the 365 challenge, but this is just doodles to start the day for me.

Honestly, it's nearly half way through the year and I am beginning to spin a little from the amount of work I've created. Don't get me wrong, I love it! It is definitely a challenge. However, my perfectionist-self had reared an ugly head and it's time to relax a bit.

I'm not sure if this means a change in medium, as it's been paint so far, or just finding a way to relax from the crazy expectations I've unnecessarily placed on myself.

One thing is sure- I'm definitely not quitting. But I have created a late-night habit that may get thrown off the rails of I start too late or just wipe myself out from a day of hard work.

Man. It it's hard to just be present sometimes and release the pressure of what is to come. I am rejoicing at the idea of summer and returning to teaching in the fall.

I said it.

So, soon I'll be creating a resume like none they've ever seen to encompass my talents and sell this girl as a teacher. Again.

Until that's done, I continue with the work on me, myself, and I. It's been a long summer.

But I needed it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your card--it's gonna be a great summer!