Friday, May 31, 2013

Grand Opening!

Tonight was the Grand Opening of A Little Known Shop in Anaheim, CA. There was an amazing turn-out and we just got home at 11:30. This is a quick drawing but it gets a good point across.

There is just so much to celebrate! Probably the only thing I'm not celebrating is the choice to add the exclamation point on the final painting. Ugh. Such is life. But I digress....

At the Grand Opening, there was an awesome live band named Partybot, a photo booth, a dessert spot, tamales, make-and-take crafting, friends from the ages, surprise flower from a friend, laughs and even a few tears.

In the excitement, Eva, one of the shop owners, came over to introduce me to the young lady who purchased the hand-painted journal I made. I never thought I'd see the people who bought my stuff because, well, the stuff is in the shop, but I am not... Anyway, it was interesting to meet someone inspired by what I had done. She made the purchase for a friend graduating high school and had been looking for the right journal for weeks because her friend wants to become a writer. I'm so happy she found just the right thing for the gift.

Eva and Danielle, the shop owners, have an amazing space on their hands and deserve boat loads of credit for what they've done. I am fortunate to be counted among those in the shop.

My future as a contributor remains to be seen....

Best wishes for a beautifully rad future, A Little Known Shop!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is amazing! Thank you!!!! Your talent is so beautiful and it goes so well with who you are. We hope to keep you around for quite awhile! ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you for everything!

Barb Lieberman said...

Ellie is so excited about the journal and will be sharing this whole story with her friend. We'll be sure to share a picture or two of that moment with you!