Thursday, July 11, 2013

Seven Eleven

One of the prompts for this week's Index Card a Day is "mosaic". I kept thinking of how I might do it, by using magazine pages, or found scraps, but nothing really hit me like the hotdog holder from Seven Eleven. We had the hotdogs a couple of days ago, but the cardboard holder had made it into the recycle bin.

Because it is the eleventh today, Seven Eleven was giving away free slurpees. We didn't partake because the line was too long, according to my sweetie, but the date and coincidence hit me.

I soon found myself cutting the hotdog holder into sweet little pieces and the mosaic was born. I glued them down with a glue stick on a "Smash" pen and used the other side for all of the cross-hatching. Of course, I used neon acrylic paint and wasn't very careful about it. It dried quickly and the highlights followed.

Have fun,
Kim

6 comments:

Snap said...

Love it. So bright and happy!

Deborah Weber said...

Oh how wonderful! What dotty goodness and how perfect you made the 7-ll connection.

Prairie Jill said...

What a great idea! I love the way your card turned out.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How clever. My idea of the perfect recycled project as well as a great use of the ICAD challenge. Way to go.

Joyfulploys said...

I love it when things turn out like this, don't you? Like it was meant to be! Great recycling too!
Mary

Natasha said...

I love this. It is very effective, I love your cross hatching as well!! :)