Monday, July 15, 2013

Twilight

After an amazingly fun day of wine tasting yesterday, I found I'd missed a call from a relative. I just don't talk on the phone very often anymore, so it must've been important.

Oblivious, still, I checked email today to find a different one of my distant relatives took his own life after the death of his fatter earlier this year. It is so sad to know he was in so much pain that caused him to go through with this.

Being alone is no fun. His life had just started to get good and then his father was gone. Seems like everybody thought he was doing ok- we want to believe that is true. But, nobody really knows anyone but his or herself. This shock is hard to bear.

I'm hoping better days for his family and an end to the suffering. It is so hard to keep going when the losses pile up, but I hope everyone will be ok.

The painting was made with watercolor crayons, prang watercolor, and Sakura gel pen.

Hug everyone around you and take nothing for granted.

No comments: