Sunday, July 21, 2013

The best of plans

There exists a type of art called 'Zentangle'. The type of art I made may have been inspired by the formal 'tangles', but at the heart of it is me.

I have been going over some of the decisions I've made in life- not a whole lot, and not in a regretful fashion, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I had altered my plan in any way.

The art I made today is sort of like life: it has structure, patterns and, at the same time, random designs. The designs are the most flexible and the foundation really is not.

Art is life and life is art.

The look of this piece relates to decisions over time and the personal timeline one creates on her own canvas. Once the designs have been created, they can be altered just a bit, depending on the circumstances but, for the most part, they are permanent. The designs created today even bleed a bit, if given the chance, and it makes them that much more beautiful from the bleeding.

What are your designs like?

Free and easy?
Deliberate and intricate?
Mild and miraculous?

Think of your art every day. Every thing we do has an effect on our designs.

How would you like yours to appear?

No comments: