Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday

There are two challenges in which I am talking part this summer: Summer of Color, 2013 and Daisy Yellow's Index Card a Day (ICAD) 2013.

Each has its own theme by week, and this week it was "pale pink and charcoal grey" for the Summer of Color. Honestly, since these colors were announced last week, I've not been able to get these shoes out of my head.

My Dad bought me this first pair of Nike shoes while I was in fourth grade. I'm pretty sure I wore those puppies out and held onto them for gym shoes as long as I could.

I cherished those shoes and nobody I knew had them at school, so I felt special. I studied every nook, cranny, fold, wrinkle and speck of dirt so the image of my first pair would remain ingrained on my imagination.

They wore so well, eventually the color layer began to slip through the the gunny rubber.

The second painting was made by squooshing different colors of paint together. I was inspired by Beth Valley Kingsnorth and her ability to have fun with the colors to match the "psychedelic" prompt choice for this week.

I had fun with these today and look forward to more!

No comments: