Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Segue

I had the best day with great company. One of my friends from Las Vegas came to visit and brought her mother along, but I didn't know her mom was coming before they got to the restaurant.
The place had just started crowding up and we were lucky to get a spot overlooking the ocean.
Because Laguna is a cove, the waves are usually pretty serene, but they were huge today and larger than any waves I've seen in that area before. We were pretty sure that the waves came from tropical storm Flossie and they made the view extra special for my guests.
We had a great time talking, laughing, and taking in the wonders all around us.
We made it to the sawdust art festival, but spent a good deal of time sitting and chatting again. It was just so good to be in their company today and it felt like I was surrounded by angels.

When I got home I finished my ICAD for the day. its a nice collage that includes some souvenir items and images of a fun day, including a chocolate chip cookie.

I'm so exhausted, but I had such a good time today! It is such a blessing to be surrounded by good friends.

No comments: