Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Swim

The holiday is tomorrow and we'll be having a couple of kids over to use the pool. The kids are friends of Buck and Louis, my dogs, and their dog Roxy is the girlfriend to both of mine  but mostly Buck.

I spent a good time raking and sweeping to make it look nice around the pool and soon I realized it was time to jump in! So I got my suit on, grabbed my new floatie, and stepped into cool bliss.

Just floating and looking into the sky felt so nice and I felt light and free. I sat up in the floatie and used my arms to paddle a couple of laps.

When my fingers got pruney, it was time to go inside. I showered and took a nap.

Boom! I could have slept through the night I was so wiped out!

Fresh air? Check
Pool water? Check
Relaxation? Uh, you could say that!

I walked the pooches and felt just wasted- sunshine wasted! I'm not burned or anything, just totally exhausted.

So the card is related to the day- SWIM!

I used Stadler watercolor crayons and a bit of Prang watercolor as well. I'm working on waves, but I felt better about them after I added the lettering.

Have a great holiday, everybody!

No comments: