Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bubbles


Water is everywhere around here. There are pools, lakes, streams, and the ocean. I go to the ocean when I can, but the backyard is an oasis with a pool, so I go there the most. I save a lot on gas, that way...

I'm pretty sure this painting was subconsciously ordered up after I watched the pool fill to its proper level this afternoon. I love watching water and the patterns that form because of any disturbance at the surface. Although there is no formal pattern here, the oval-type shape repeats throughout and contributes to the movement. It really wasn't planned, but the flow found itself on paper with watercolor. 

Summer is on its way and soon it will be time to take a dip in the cool waters. I spent a few weeks poolside making jewelry two summers ago. I'm sure there will be some fun crafting projects for the outdoors while I'm partially submerged in the shallow end. It will be fun to say, "I created watercolor paintings in the water."

That, in itself, sounds like 'underwater basket weaving'. I can just hear it, "How do you paint underwater?"

Summer is sneaking up on us. 
I hope she'll be kind.

 

2 comments:

vegasmelody said...

I love your work, Kim. I really do. I'm so proud of you. Continue to share your heart - it's not unnoticed.

Unknown said...

Thank you, so much! I appreciate your kind words.