Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sometimes I need a reminder

Sometimes I get to thinking low thoughts. 
"I'm a loser!"
"I've forgotten everything!"
"I can't stand my reflection!"
Ugh. Fortunately, those thoughts don't creep up often. They did creep up a lot more in the past and I am thankful for the sentiment I found today while trolling Pinterest; "Change your thoughts and you'll change your world." I'm not sure who said it originally, but it is true. 

Last year, on a daily basis, I posted something I am thankful for on Facebook. It didn't take long for the positive effects of gratitude to start showing up in my daily life. I realized I wasn't complaining as often and in general, I just felt a lot better. 

Posting every day made me realize I could do other things like that on a daily basis, as well. So here I am, posting one of my daily commitment blog posts and being grateful I can. Usually, when I start feeling low, I post another "thankful" post online and it all comes to pass. When I change my thoughts to gratitude, burdens are lifted and I am living completely in the present. I appreciate life just a little more every time I do it. 

Tonight I am also thankful for seeing my friend on TV playing on the American Country Music Awards in Vegas. He played in the horn section for the Stevie Wonder tune at the very end. I took a picture of the TV just for fun. I've already sent my friend a text and it seemed like that was about the best it could be without actually being there. He met Kelly Clarkson, too! Wow. What a night!

I am thankful for my time here to write and to be a little more careful about the language I speak to myself. Life is short to live it miserable! Life became so much better when I realized that.

Thanks for stopping, and have a wonderful day!


 

My friend playing trombone for the ACM ceremonies on Sunday, 4-7-13
 

No comments: