Thursday, May 23, 2013

I felt like it.

It's nice to be able to create at home. The pooches cuddle up and my "office" includes them. Probably the easiest craft I can do, while they are snuggled in next to me, is needle felting.

A friend of mine taught me how to needle felt just before this last Christmas and I was hooked. It's pretty cool to make an object when all there is to start is a puff of wool fibers. It takes awhile to create things, but it is so much fun!

This flower really started out as the base of a tiny basket for an Easter egg. I added in the heart and thought it was done. But it needed something more.

I decided on petals!

This flower could be worn as a brooch,  Hat pin, or as a purse decoration. I like it so much! So much fun :)

The painting seemed only logical as a follow-up. I actually bought some pre-cut watercolor paper today. It's 8x10 140lb watercolor paper and it was a treat to work on it! I used my prang watercolors and all was well with the world.

Take care, love, and have a great time!

Kim

No comments: