Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teacher Appreciation

Thank you, to all of the teachers I have had in my life. Each one had an important message about life rolled up in, and disguised as, regular classwork.
After a few years in the classroom, I can appreciate the sacrifices made to educate the students in their charge.
I appreciate their attention for not only being a good student, but also for helping develop us as human beings.

I have a green "happy" box filled with notes of thanks going back as far as the mid-nineties from students, parents, and my colleagues. Although I an not in a classroom this year, the green box is a source of hope for when I doubt my abilities as a teacher. Sounds funny, but being away this long sometimes plays funny tricks on me. I know I can do it, but the green box is a nice pick-me-up, because someone took the time to say thanks.

So, if you're thinking of how to recognize your child's teacher, or perhaps your own, there is no greater gift than thanks.

Just go.
Thank a teacher.

No comments: