Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Laugh Anyway

Are the people of SoCal super happy? Well, the earth is because there are flowers everywhere, and if Emerson is right, the flowers are loud with laughter.

Recently I made a post a named, "A Cloudy Day" and the color in it would have suggested a full-sun day, or a rather ironic post. It drew attention from the name, as well. Someone asked, "why?" And I let them know it was a way for me to cheer up. In other words, I needed some color.

Likewise with today and color. The sky was gray, off-and-on, and I just can't go without finding more and more flowers. Living in the desert made me appreciate the world outside of the desert so much more.

As I walked with the pooches today, we found a lemon in the road, near the curb. Like THAT would have happened in the desert. It was still a little green, so I know it is fresh, and I suppose we'll make the proverbial lemonade.

If you can, get outside. Go smell the laughing flowers and breathe in the color. Spring is here! Enjoy!

Materials:
Canson xl 90 lb paper
Prang watercolor ovals
Staedtler Pitt Pens

No comments: