Thursday, May 9, 2013

Wave

A wave of good feelings for the day;

I talked to my sister on the phone, made some beaded treasures, had a great walk, met some new people, and created a tote for fun summer time, who's on the way!

I have no idea why the pictures showed up in the order they did, so you'll have to imagine the steps for painting the bag.

Lisa, from The Makery in Anaheim, made these cute welcome bags by stitching craft paper and creating an envelope that holds our goodies. She is so thoughtful! All the little details are so amazing!

We used a muslin bag with acrylic paint and textile medium. We also used carpenter's tape with the idea of painting over it for the gain of negative spaces.

Each of us had separate ideas for our bags and they all turned out nicely!

The painting is a wave of goodness. Life is good, even when things don't always seem so. I'm thankful for having met a new bunch of friends! I look forward to crafting with them soon.

No comments: