Sunday, May 5, 2013

Just Beachy

Waking up to a request to go to the beach? Yes, please! Top that off with a visit by my cousin, his wife and kids, and that is a fine recipe for a Sunday morning.

We chatted at the beach, they flew a kite, and we saw dolphins from the shore! It was a beautiful day, especially with the clouds. I think cloudy days make it easier to spot dolphins and keep the beach quiet. It's nice to have the beach to ourselves.

After the family left, I wandered through a few of my favorite shops on the way back to the car. The design from my painting comes from the textural pattern on a pitcher I spotted in one of those shops.

The background started with brown. Brown is such a rare choice and I am not really sure what made me choose it, yet, I do like the result.The pitcher, however, was a white-glazed terra cotta style pitcher.-Artistic license at its best.

I hope you enjoyed your Cinco de Mayo!

I'm so thankful for family!

No comments: