Monday, May 6, 2013

Scrap Flowers

More flowers for the Creative Every Day challenge. I guess I've been working on my style of flowers. They're not very realistic, but parts could be. I've been trying to relax a bit and the same style comes through, so I am going with it.

The purple flower was created on a Crystal Light box I unsealed, gessoed, and stiffened with texture medium. I used a dictionary for the words, tissue paper, painted scraps from other projects, and acrylic paints. Oh- and mod podge!

A while back, I found an old dictionary for kids and thought I'd use it one day for collages and I just can't stop now! I like the way the pages have yellowed over time and how they tear easily. When I couldn't find the word "recycle" in it, I checked the copyright date to find 1968 on the inside. No wonder! It was worth a laugh and now I just rip it up....

More collage to come! I'm loving it!

5 comments:

cheap nfl jerseys said...

Very beautiful flower.. I like this feeling.

sandy coleman said...

These are so lovely and imaginative. Love them.

Unknown said...

Thank You!

Unknown said...

Thank You!

Indigo Janson said...

Beautiful colour choices. I love the soft gradients in the lower picture as the colours go from mauve and violet, via yellow and orange, all the way to red.