Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Busy Blue Moon

On the night of a blue moon, you're supposed to forgive any negative thoughts and just let it go- well, that's what I heard from a friend today anyway. Still, it stuck in my mind, and I got to work cleaning the house, reading it of garbage and recyclables and anything
else that was negative clutter.

Oof! I'm tired- but I still made my arts...

I had weird dreams last night and the visions of them kept spinning all day. I wish I could remember a little bit more to play them out on paper, but all I need to remember is I saw my dad in the dream. He was complaining about the type of film that we needed for the camera and he didn't want us to waste it because it's so expensive.

Ha! We don't even use film anymore...

Anyway- on to Daily Paper Prompt #19, Mail Art. I stalled on the prompts because I had to make Mail Art and couldn't decide who to send it to, so I just got stuck- but here goes.

The picture is the one with the pinks and greens. My goodness! It is collage from my own watercolor on a 4x6 index card. Next, dictionary pieces were layered on, then I started in with some black gelato...pretty much used them all after awhile, and still didn't like it, so I went to use some acrylic paint on top.
I might even touch it up with some Pitt pen in the morning.

On to DPP#20, Blues

How appropriate to have a blue moon tonight!

After cleaning today, I went to get groceries and checked out school supplies that I really don't need. It's still fun to look anyway! I treated myself to a pack of 8 blue Crayola crayons. I liked the selection in the box, but once I got home I realized they put two cerulean blue crayons in the box. I felt gipped! Oh well.

I used watercolor paper to show the monochromatic color scheme as best I could. I started out by making small color samples and labeling them. Next, I rearranged the color samples to show a better arrangement from light to dark. From there I made the lettering sample and then moved on to the blue moon composition. Not bad for 78 cents!

I hope to be back on track with the prompts now. Can't wait to find out what tomorrow brings!

No comments: