Saturday, August 24, 2013

Painting With a Debit Card

Again, I tried something new today. If nothing else, I will have a cumulative plenty of new ideas to use from Daisy Yellow! I owe her a huge debt of gratitude.

Today's prompt was "plastic card". The paint was only supposed to be applied with the plastic card and it was fun. It was easy to cover a lot of territory in a short period of time.

I'll use the picture to help explain my process. It is broken into frames so I will use directions.

Months ago, I gessoed a cereal box, front and back, by smooshing gesso between the two. This helped create texture on the finished. The name of the cereal is visible through the gesso (center) and left of that is the un-useable debit card. Next, I globbed on acrylic paint (upper right). I had lots of paint left over, so I put some on a canvas (upper left) and created another piece of mail art next to the actual finished piece. (bottom) phew! Any questions? Lol...

Someday, I'll be able to label the pictures again. Until then, the frames are fine.

I envision writing on some of these things with a little bit of text- especially the mail art. I will probably glue a piece of cardstock to the back of it and seal it with Mod Podge so it goes like a regular postcard.

Other than that, I'll be thinking of quotes to go on the big canvas.

Any ideas?

No comments: