Thursday, August 29, 2013

More ATCs

Finally.

"Create Elsewhere" happened today.

To start, I took two bags of aluminum cans to the California recycle peeps and got about ten bucks! Waiting in the heat waShe'dt fun, but I got paid! AND- took myself out to lunch.

There are plenty of open-air tables around here, but I wanted a.c. Besides, next week my free parking is back in Laguna Beach! I digress....

Panera won, hands down, for a.c., a nice salad, iced coffee, and just chill-itude. I was on my phone too much, browsing and trying to get internet to work because their wifi was probably jammed with so many on it. Eventually, I took out the cards I made the other day and my trusty Pitt pen.

Only one Pitt pen made the trip today because I actually wanted to have no choices. Things are flowing lately, it is easy to get overwhelmed and just stop creating, so, no choice.

It worked.

There was a 'drip' on the card which I turned into a tree. I'm still not sure of the name, but I do know I an intrigued by the gestures it's achieved by time and climate.

I used "Slow Journaling" to write the sentiment on this card. It reads, "The summer heat is enough. It has touched my last nerve." And it has.

Tonight, I created two more cards with the same watercolor paper. The white gelli inked card reads, "Love is the center of the universe in which I live." And the other reads, "even in the desert, the rain is hot."

Well, journaling is good. It takes my mind off of the heat for a little while and it makes me happy.

Ugh. It's hot.
smiles!
And hope your day is wonderful!

No comments: