Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Certified

The honor of a certificate is given when certain accomplishment has been made. Most people put them in frames while others squirrel them away in boxes or folders.

Even though I am a certified teacher, the only actual certificate that shows I am certified is not very fancy at all. The certificate is really just a print-out of the things that I have done to become a teacher.

Diplomas and certificates of graduations are a lot more interesting. Although the days of handwriting the certificates have passed, I have always been drawn to the calligraphy and extraordinary fonts that are used to emphasize the special accomplishment.

The prompt for today was "certificate" and I took the liberty of awarding myself what the certificate of all the things I can do. It was a fun certificate to create because I used Grandma's real watercolors, Souffle gel pens and Sharpies.

The most fun about the certificate is the fact that I'm giving myself credit. Finally. I am truly satisfied with the things I can do and I am determined to continue learning new things and new ways to express myself.

Big thanks to Tammy Garcia for these prompts!
I am having so much fun :)
Namaste.

No comments: