Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Four ATC for August

Okay, I've tried posting 2 times already and my patience is running thin. I had the proper references for you to click through the links, but I would come back to this page and POOF! Ideas gone.

Anyway.

Here is some information on ATC.

I've been posting the "Daily Paper Prompts" from 'Daisy Yellow' up until the 25th. The prompt for that day was to create art elsewhere.

I just didn't go anywhere.

I have been creating but haven't been following the prompts this week, well, in complete order, anyway. I decided to go with prompt 26, or ATC.

Artist Trading Cards are small pieces of art people make and the measurements of the card are two and a half inches by three and a half inches. This is the same size as a regular playing card, which has given me some ideas for the future. Wikipedia has more information on the movement and how it began (and I tried to post it, but then the post part disappeared! Ugh).

The two bluish cards are collages that I made with my own paper and paintings. The more reddish cards are the ones I cut from my own watercolor painting. I know there are a lot of hearts, but I really do love hearts. I really don't know what I will do with these ATC.s, but they won't be sold.

I'm really happy the gold pen showed through in the photograph. I like how these turned out, but I would like to experiment some more. In fact I created an entire watercolor piece tonight that will be cut into smaller cards for this purpose.

Have you ever used ATC's?
Would you like to trade?

No comments: