Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chandelier

This prompt was really an issue of mind-over-matter as I seriously doubted my ability to create a chandelier. I sat down at my art desk and began drawing ovals. There were all different sizes of ovals and they started to contribute to my mind's eye vision.

Soon enough, I'd created some scrolling, drawn hanging crystals and even asked my sweetie what he saw. With these things in mind, I pasted down the doodle onto a prepared hot-yellow piece of watercolor paper. From there, I used the Sharpie a bit more to carry the chandelier onto the blank page and create a bit more interest. I connected the sketch to the artificial ceiling and began to add more color.

It was fun to cover the page with drops of color and use the dripping technique we'd used in Daisy Yellow's ICAD challenge this summer. I wanted color, but not a disturbance.

I'd I were to change anything, I'd have left the ceiling pendant out of it and just connected the chandelier to somewhere in space. My favorite party is the mix of colors.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: