Friday, August 2, 2013

Window

For the second Daily Paper Prompt, the word was "window". It was suggested we cut a window in our paper to see through to the next page.

For the most part, I used watercolor on the outside and combined that with fine tipped marker on the inside. The paper is Canson 140 lb. Watercolor paper. I used a pair of childrens' scissors to cut through the paper by scoring and gently tearing the paper. It was suggested we use an Exacto-knife, but I can't remember where mine is...but I like the look of the more "rustic" cut. Ha!

This was a really fun prompt because I had never thought of cutting paper through to another side like this. Tammy Garcia comes up with some really interesting prompts and I sort of feel like I'm an art student again in school. However, as an adult, I have more freedom for what I can create and I really only play like a kid.

it is definitely fun :)

No comments: