Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Conversation?


 Technology is a funny thing; it can be completely annoying and nonfunctional when it's needed most and especially if it is needed for a presentation, or it can be a best friend in the form of a conversation that can be held when emotions may not provide an easy speaking situation. Today it has been the latter and a complete gift to have been given a purpose for a day otherwise spent recuperating again. 

 About the time I felt like I had not been motivated at all and felt like maybe I was wasting a day, I just got up to shower and get going. Yet, now it seems like I must have been feeling better if something really dragged and pushed me out of bed to get ready for, if nothing else, a friend's message out of the blue about breaking down in a relationship. Little did I know I had prepared to be counseling a friend over the miles with the magic of technology. 

I think that's Grace. 

I've never seen the word "Grace" on a conversation  heart. Or, "B Good" to your partner no matter the circumstance. How about, "Thank U", or "UR Best", or "Time W/U", and simply, "US". It seems like there should be more conversation heart inklings and I guess that is why mine are blank. They need nothing else than to be sweet and we can provide our own meanings every day.

By the end of the text chat, my friend was feeling better and called me a "bestie" when I haven't even seen this friend since a year out of high school. Connections to me are golden that way because I don't forget people. They cross our paths for a reason every single day and we may not know the reason for years, if even at all. In my heart, it is just enough knowing we are here for each other. Well, I am here. Always.

Art-wise, the process for this piece was really just for fun. Had I looked at an actual picture, I might have been sure all of the shadows were exactly in place, but I like how it turned out for the most part. It's sort of like jazz improvisation because the framework is in my head and what comes out is my own personal expression. Sure, others might have dome something just like this, especially because of Valentine's day approaching, but it is still my twist on conversation hearts and my own solo, so to speak. 
B Kind
CU 2Mrrw

Materials:
Canson XL 98lb Mixed Media Paper
Faber Castell Watercolor Cakes
Prismacolor Pencils
I am also participating in the Sketchbook Challenge and the theme for this month is "Sweet".

Here is tiny Louis with his bright eyes watching me work tonight. Then he got tired. Again. Sweet!

4 comments:

janice smith said...

Blank conversation hearts...genius! Actually, though I like your suggestions A LOT. Perhaps there's a whole line of relationship building candy in your future! Love your artwork and as for Louis well, there are just no words. Hi is just scrumptious.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind words, Janice :) You brought a smile to my face. URAQT! And Louis says thank you, too. He adds, B TRU 2 U, which he probably saw on a real conversation heart. I enjoy your artwork, too! Thanks again for stopping by.

EW said...

As always my friend you make me smile and think. I love this insight into your daily life and feel lucky to connect with you in this way. Your unique perspective often brings me out of the funk I seem to mired in. Love you!