Saturday, February 2, 2013

Re Do

This was a piece from the past that I "doctored" up and is a work in progress. The four boxes existed in what I learned were the four from Microsoft. Ugh. I so didn't mean to do that- so I used today as an opportunity to re-do a perfectly fine piece of paper with four squares. Even as I've typed this, I just cannot stay awake. I had a day filled with moving my new cabinet and all the stuff that goes into it, fighting a cold and then having a nice evening out with my sweetie. 

The cabinet is another one of my dreams come true! It will hold most of my art studio inside and has plenty of room for supplies of all kinds. There is even room for a small lamp for lighting once the sun starts setting. The front room is coming around and I love having a place for my things and doors to close it in when it is time for a break. I also intend to start writing from that place, as well. There is a pull-out desk board where I can store my laptop. Even as I moved things around and got all excited, this blasted cold is still bugging me. 

There was a point today where I hit the wall and had to chill out. I played "Words with Friends" for awhile with the same person and we both decided we had "nothing better to do" on a Saturday. At the time, it was just perfect to take a break and have fun, too. 

Later, we got ready and went to Laguna Beach to see a friend's art opening. His pieces are amazingly thought provoking and cleanly painted. His message through art is powerful, yet reflective of his lessons learned while working on campaigns for many different social causes. I admire the body of work he has put forth and am inspired to continue working toward my 365 goal. Honestly, I am tired at the moment, but I always get some good ideas after chatting with him in person. 

Wall has approached again... tired.
Materials:
Strathmore windmill watercolor paper, 140 lb.
Prang Watercolor Ovals
Faber Castell Watercolor Cakes
Staedtler permanent black 0.4 fine point

No comments: