Tuesday, February 12, 2013

More hope

 There's usually a national holiday every day of the year and today happens to be national tulip day. Tulips are some of my favorite flowers and I enjoy how simple they are. Rather than paint one today, I relaxed and went a little more abstract. Realism has hit me on the head lately and I want to rest from it.

Tulips live life from a bulb and they spring up when the temperature and soil humidity is just right. They suffer through the elements and become absolutely beautiful for a short time, then retreat for a few seasons. Perseverance is the key to life as a tulip. Its goal is to become breathtakingly beautiful for no other reason than to make the day for someone. That is just how this one appeared today on paper.

To me, perseverance is the work of hope. A little work per day helps to keep hope alive and hope thrives on the bits we do from day to day. Today, I only feel like this piece is only a start, but I continue to persevere in the name of hope. 

Materials:
Canson 120lb Watercolor Paper
Prang Watercolor Ovals


 

No comments: