Thursday, February 21, 2013

Star


Crayola Markers? 

Yes, apparently they can be used like watercolors. I had heard about it, tried it today, and this is what I got. I also used some Stabilo pencils that act as watercolor pencils and they were nice because the markers take a lot of water to loosen up, where the pencils do not.The paper is some I found today while doing more sorting. It's a nice color and has a fun envelope to go along with it.

Part of my mission this year is to use the paper I already own. Another part is to reuse frames I find in thrift shops, or that have been donated, to both cut down on costs and junk in landfills. So far, so good.
Monday will hold a trip to thrift shops to track down framed art or framed anything to help me with my class next Wednesday. 

I'm so excited for the class and can't wait to meet new people, as well. It will be fun to see the process and the finished products. 

Also, I helped my friend make t shirt yarn earlier today. Actually, I just helped my friend cut the shirts in the right place in order to get one really long piece of t shirt. It's so hard to believe I will soon be making a rug for our bedroom from this type of yarn. I cannot believe how much money i spent by purchasing they yarn oh-so-long-ago. And I know it would've been easier for Mom to teach me how to knit using t shirt yarn. Can't wait to share some of the projects our MeetUp group will make next week!

It's been such a good day filled with joy and laughter.  
Cheers, to a Happy Friday!

Materials-
Crayola Classic Markers (not washable)
Stabilo Multi Draw Pencils/Aquarelle
Meiijer Extra Fine point Markers



No comments: