Friday, March 15, 2013

"It's a dark surf thing"

Our friend, Mark, not my Mark, but a good enough friend, Mark, named the the title that it is, because he's been in Cali his whole life. I'll go with that.

He, the "other" Mark, is capable of creating 1/12 scale versions of any thing worth creating in actual scale. He showed me a tire for a model car that he created a decal for and it is smaller than any thing I could possibly imagine creating.

I create the things that are spontaneous. He creates the minute. I have created the minute and understand what it takes to do so.

The art I create is really a stretch because I am the one who craves the detail and the intricacy. Anything other than that is really a stretch- the abstract is a sign that I am growing. It is something I am not comfortable doting- so imagine me being spontaneous? It is a hard sale.

The drawing for tonight is all about structure; each line is straight and it also goes toward creating a rounded image. I love optical illusions and this one does it well.

We had fun with our friends tonight and I hope it isn't so far between visits this time. :D

GOOD  Day!

No comments: