Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patty's Day

I'm not sure which picture will show up first, but there is a story for each one. The flowers were made yesterday and the text for the blog disappeared. I posted from my phone and it went poof! So I'm publishing this a paragraph at a time. I'll be back to my laptop tomorrow night.

The flower story will have to wait. California Soul is the song that floated through my head as I drove with my friend who is 94 whose daughter is away for the weekend.

We drove up and down the Pacific Coast Highway for a couple of hours, went to the CPK only to have a power outage, ended up at the Cheesecake Factory where we ended up with pizza and ice cream, went to Starbuck's, watched people and cars, then went home. Phew. If she's not tired, I sure am!

California Soul is the song in a commercial for Dodge Trucks out here and it just fit today- not just because my sweetie is a Chrysler guy.

I'm not crazy, but I have had a hard time growing into California. I can hear it now..."oh, poor baby, California is soooooo bad. Hard to to what in California? What. You gotta shovel snow?? Icy roads?" Ah, yes. If only there was a sarcastic font.

Whatever.

I DO live in paradise.
I love every bit of it.

However, I feel like I am gloating because I never thought California was an option and really did picture myself in Vegas as long as I am blessed with life.

My true love brought me here and I am beginning to get the feel of this place. It is amazing. Beauty everywhere- and I live here. !  !  !

I'm thankful for making new discoveries in my new world of life.

No comments: