Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring?


Is there anyone out there who actually likes losing time?

When musicians lose time, an entire composition can fall apart and lead to the dreaded, nearly apocalyptic, restart of the piece.

Is there anyone out there who appreciates someone who is very pushy and makes you do things before you are ready?

When people rush through things, mistakes happen and usual goodness can be overlooked.

Daylight Savings Time has always been my enemy. My Mom has said she needed dynamite to get me up in the mornings when I lived at home. That hasn't really changed. I am not a morning person and leaving the house with a pleasant disposition gets tougher as time passes. I am a person who needs her sleep. And then coffee. So when the annual deficit of the hour has come to pass, life just gets weird. It's worse than jet-lag because it takes about seven months to get that precious time back. How can a loss so small be so pushy?

Is there a positive to this negative?

Perhaps. 

Since I got the hour back in the fall, I have been relaxed and taking life as it comes. I will still be this way, but I'll add a little fast forward button. Rather than feeling robbed, I'd like to take more attention and add it to my days. I'll add more attention and planning to spring forward with personal goals and take more action to fulfill my dreams. I have big dreams, so a little more purposeful attention can help catapult them into the future. 

"Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future....", said the Steve Miller Band. Losing an hour really is a bizarre concept. Maybe I should have moved to Arizona.

Rest up and have a great week!

 

No comments: