Sunday, March 3, 2013

Kim Time

Ever since I can remember, well, at least since fifth grade, I have a friend who has said I have a time zone of my own called "Kim Time". There were many times when I made her, my family, and many other friends wait for me. I really didn't do it on purpose, I was simply a victim of my own vortex of time. Is there a vortex of time?? Anyway, the fact is that sometimes I get so concerned with details and engrossed in work that I sometimes lose track of time. That is why I am late today.

Here it is, the third day of March, and I have created the calendar for the month. To be fair, I can look at a calendar on my phone just as easily as a print calendar copy. The truth is, although this calendar is correct, it is also late. It's really pretty funny- March just rolls in when it feels like it. Forget about the lion and the lamb. March shows up.

March marks time and is the month when we get another hour of sunlight at the expense of rest. St. Patrick's Day falls on the seventeenth, but there are no "school" holidays or other days off, really. It sort of takes time from us, and makes us work harder. So there is my justification. Leap day is not present this year, so maybe I just felt like March should start today. Or yesterday. But, the calendar was made today. On my terms. 

Maybe I took time away from March. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket. 
I made March wait for ME this time. Ha. That's right.

Don't worry. I will gratefully accept my hour back in October. 

Materials:
Stathmore Drawing Series, 80lb Paper
Staedtler Lumocolor Fine Permanent Marker, in black
Small Linoleum Tile Sample for grid and lettering

The jewelry challenge will also have to wait, as it is "make a gift for a friend" day. I'll post the picture after the recipient has the gift. 
Until then, Create Love and Life! '
Kim
 

No comments: