Monday, March 11, 2013

With Love

Had some fun today with color before I settled in on the heart. It was all fun and games until my water tipped over...but putting some color out there really felt nice. And hopeful.

After I stopped doing "The Artist's Way" devotional in January, it's time to go back in the morning. The last section I visited has to do with not reading. It made me realize how much I have been clogging my head with online information rather than taking action on the many ideas swimming through my mind. A daily schedule ought to help a bit: I'll check in before my walk, at lunch, and when I write my blog. My brain really needs a break that can be filled with creativity and the gifts life has to offer. I have to overcome that weakness. There's really no excuse to be online so much draining my brain. Except that it is fun....

Has it happened to you?

The stand-by heart took a patient place in black and white elegance. It feels like a parachute is holding it in place as it falls in love. ( I couldn't resist. )

Materials:
Artist's Loft Watercolor Paper, 90lb
Faber Castell Watercolor Cakes


 

5 comments:

Zue said...

Really captivating! Eye-catching too...love it:)
xx

Zue said...

Really captivating! Eye-catching too...love it:)
xx

Unknown said...

Glad I caught your eye, Sue! Thanks for taking the time to stop and see :)

Ana said...

Hi Kim, I really love your black and white heart! The description of it is really poetic. It's inspiring me to do a heart series of some sort! I see you are working through the Artist's Way...I pick that book up and then I do it for a little while, then I stop, then I pick it up again...it's a cycle with me.

Unknown said...

And isn't it good to know we're not alone? Thank you, Ana, for taking the time out to share. Hugs!