Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bauble Babble

Ok. The black and white thing.
By the way, these are very hip colors for spring.

 The colors of the last two months may just have to appear in my jewelry creations instead. I've been able to create the first two items in the monthly challenge, but have realized the need for better bead organization in my cabinet. I might actually have to put a label maker to good use.

Gasp. This is so not me! But it is so much easier to grab and go. Like I need to convince myself to organize....but it's time. The process actually stalled about a year ago and now I will do it. Who wants to go through every plastic organizer to find a single clasp piece? Man. As it turns out, I made the other end of the clasp and it's not my best work. I'll be wearing the bracelet, so I don't mind, but let the labeling begin.

The painting today is from a bead I remembered in my stash after my morning garage sale adventures with a friend. We were talking about how the piece from yesterday was "stream of consciousness" art, if there even is something like that. My head hurt when I did it, so I just let loose and let the paint tell the story. We talked about the jewelry challenge and I remembered some black and white in the beads and thought about drawing some new creations. I hadn't ever thought of drawing my beads, but it can be a great way to combine the two challenges. I guess sometimes really good things can come about when there is no plan.

Yesterday and today, I didn't plan for the headache and I didn't plan for the art. I did give it a boundary and searched for answers on both. Most of my jewelry designs don't come from a plan. Nor does my painting, really. I can honestly say each piece is my original that may follow a pattern I desire, but that's just how I want it. More than likely, it doesn't turn out anywhere close to where it started. The best part is I believe my God is planning through me and I'll take that as the best gift.

The joy of creation gets better every day. I never know what is going to show up, really. The jewelry challenge gives me a basic object to create and the rest is up to my heart. I certainly have plenty of beads that could serve as subjects for paintings or drawings and love the fact I will have more than enough to complete a month of daily challenges.

It's time to relax and let the day settle. I had a wonderful day filled with friends, new treasures and the sweetness of home. I have some good ideas for healing, have my saline spray, and keep drinking my water. I feel a little better and am working on taking care of me.

The art truly helps.

Materials:
Artist's Loft 90lb Watercolor Paper
Prang Watercolor in Black


Simple Strung Bracelet
Materials:
Fire Agate
Jade 
Glass Beads
Czech Firepolish Accents



No comments: