Friday, March 1, 2013

Boundary

There were a few things I did today; Sleep, drink water, sleep more, eat dinner, make things, and watch a little TV with my sweetie. I would have easily filled it with working on the house as I had planned to do, but it was not in the cards. 

I woke up and found out the theme of the month for Creative Every Day has changed to "Black and White". Color has been so welcome for the first two months, just thinking of black and white was less than inspiring. But, as I put the black on paper, I found out the piece sort of explains the day.Within the piece are some lettering examples that include, "annoying", "headache", "sleep", and "rest". I know the next days of the month will be better and look forward to some more detailed pieces using ink pen and other black elements. Today was just not one of the days for that. 

I made it.

Another challenge, The Sketchbook Challenge, has changed their theme to "natural surfaces". It will be interesting to combine these two topics and make some detailed black and white images.
 
 
The first day of the Beading Challenge was "Earrings". There is not a lot of skill involved with making earrings, but choosing the elements is the hardest part. I wanted something simple with a little flash and decided on the blue glass beads along with the silvery floral beads. The earring wires are "swan" wires I found in Minnesota last summer at the Bead Monkey in St. Paul. It will be interesting to find out how they wear because they seem like short backs. Experience is the best teacher! 

The weekend holds some garage sales and more creative activities. I just hope I can keep enough water in me to stave off the headache. Looking forward to some really beautiful days.

2 comments:

pauline said...

oh Kim, sorry to hear about the headache... i hope you let yourself SLOWLY ease into the day (and evening). We all have "off" days. Give yourself the time you need. We'll still be here. :-) btw, LOVE the black and white piece! i see lots of goodness there (even without color). xox

Unknown said...

Thanks, Pauline! I did get up and go today, but only after canceling the plan with my friend at about six this morning. My Mom (on fb message) gave me some good advice. Among other things, she suggested some rest, a hot towel on my face, and a facial...then get up and face the day. I did all but three facial, in the interest of time, called my friend and we were back on track. I'm glad I got up and went- though I didn't feel like I was very good company...we found some fun treasures and I got some saline drops to help with my head. Wow- I guess I've made my blog entry for the day....
Thank you for the kind words.
By the way, Believe is for my friend, but the'just do it' is for you. Thank you for your encouragement.
Always, Kim