Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Day of Spring

"The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month." -Henry Van Dyke

Mostly, I'm thinking of my friends back east and in the midwestern states as they cope with days filled with more and more snow, freezing rain and muck. I'm soaking in the colors here, but the world of cold is never far from my mind.

I am hoping March leaves like a lamb as the days of the month dwindle, yet the weather seems to know otherwise. Ha. On the news right now, SoCal complains of a gloomy first day of spring and I just roll my eyes. Well friends, I'm thinking of you. Stay warm and hang in there.

Materials:
Artist's Loft 90lb Watercolor Paper
Prang Watercolor Oval in Black



Below is one of the mugs I created today. I'd intended to make another "initial" mug, but once I got the setting laid out, I saw a face. I'm looking for a name on this guy, so comment if one hits you.
This type of fun mug will be for sale on my Etsy site once I can finish a few more. They are fun and it is nice to be re-using materials that can withstand a second life. 
Materials: 
Second-Hand Mug
Paint Marker for Ceramic
Hand-Cut Stencil 








   

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Kim, you created lovely black and white paintings. Thank you for sharing your art and thoughts. Love and blessings to you

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you, Aga, for taking the time to stop by and leave such kind words. Happy Spring to you, too!

Ana said...

The tree painting is absolutely gorgeous! The mug is so cute, he looks like a "Frank"...... :) Have a great day! Ana