Friday, March 8, 2013

Surroundings

The pooches went on my art walk this afternoon. A little bird sat on the palm tree letting us know about its territory. We get told by the birds all the time...and we love the chirps and tweets for the soundtrack on our walk.

I love the palm trees around here and today seemed the day to finally combine the challenges for "black and white" and "natural surfaces" for both Creative Every Day and the Sketchbook Challenge, respectively. Today, I took my camera/phone with me in search of this mixture and the palm tree "tweeted" us. Obviously, not everything was in black and white, but I do have a handy edit feature on the phone that helps me translate the photo from color to black and white. 

Is it cheating? I don't think so. I still have to know whether the shot I got actually works in the simplicity of black and white. Also, I took the original shot and edited it, so there is no worry about plagiarism. I still had to create the drawing from the picture.

The ink comes from a Sakura Pigma Micron pen and the cloud shading comes from the Stabilo watercolor/aquarelle pencil. I don't know if the materials are stupendous, but my money is on the paper. It is very smooth, about 80lbs, and speaks with an Italian accent... Well, actually, I brought it back from Italy in 1997. This paper is nearly antique! It just sits there in a box waiting for domani...tomorrow! tomorrow! 

I used it today. More to come! This paper rocks.


Materials:
Fabriano Disegno Drawing Paper, 80lbs
Sakura Pigma Micron Pen, 0.5
Stabilo All-Surface Black Pencil


 

No comments: