Thursday, March 14, 2013

Second Structure

Well, this one will be short.
The computer had updates to install and I forgot about that from last night, so I am typing this on my phone.

Today has been filled with activity- from the simplest of sketches to the start of spring cleaning. I worked in the name of completing projects, but had to let some stall because the paint just hadn't dried.

After date night with my sweetie, I got really tired, but also realized I had yet to complete the"black and white" for today. So the second structure was born.

The technique is not really difficult, but then I've been a Hatcher for all time. Hatching is a way to shade a space by using lines that cross each other, like hashed brown potatoes. I've covered many spaces with hatching when I didn't know what else to cover it in. Doodling at meetings, perhaps? The Second Structure can be part of a series, or left to function by itself.

The Hatching scores again.

Materials:
Artist's Loft 90lb Watercolor Paper
Faber Castell Watercolor Cakes

No comments: